Monday, January 4, 2010

More Beginnings

More of our first month together. Looking at these pictures from three months ago, it amazes me how much she's grown. Her face looks much less babyish now, and she's almost doubled in weight. She fills up her little red bed completely now, without needing the t-shirt to take up space.

I don't let her sleep with me because of my asthma, so when she first moved in, she fell asleep on my lap on the couch every night. I waited until she was passed out, then carefully lifted her into her bed, turned out the lights, and crept to my bedroom. She usually slept for a few hours, but never all night. It was like having a new baby for those first few weeks. I got no rest. I considered finding someone else to take her. But she convinced me otherwise.



No comments:

Post a Comment