Monday, January 4, 2010

Beginnings


Lucy came into my life in October 2009. My mother was taking a walk when this tiny kitten spotted her and chose her as savior. At three pounds, full of worms and severe ear infections, the kitten trailed my mom for over a mile through a large field and along the road. Mom says every time she looked back, there was this determined kitten, tail in the air, trotting for a bit, then walking, then trotting again. Lucy spent the night in the garage and came to live with me the next day after a local vet examined her and gave her her first booster shots. She was estimated to be approximately three months old. It took about five or six doses of wormer over a period of weeks to get rid of all the worms in her little belly. For some perspective, the only other cat I ever had to get worms was cured after a single dose!

Lucy was on several different medications for her ears as well. At first I was told it was ear mites, then infections, then a polyp of unknown origin. More on that later. Here's Lucy in the first weeks of our time together, being cute on the couch, in a Chipotle bag, watching tv, and inside the box spring of my bed.


1 comment:

  1. It has been awhile since I looked at the blog. I can't believe how much she has grown. The pictures are awesome, keep up the good work and keep loving Lucy. You two are good together. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete